Job Vacancies @ JSTC
Occasionally a vacancy will become available at JSTC. Sometimes the vacancy can be for an existing job (i.e. a teaching or support position), but could be for an entirely new role identified within our every-growing desire to enable students to succeed in a modern world.
Vacancies, their details and information on how to apply will be posted below:
£20,903 - £23,541 per annum (pro rata)
GLEA Grade 5 Scale Point 12-15 (depending on experience)
Actual starting Salary on Point 12: £17,723 per annum
Working Hours: 8.30am until 4.30pm Monday to Friday (37 hrs per week)
Working Weeks: 39 weeks per year (to include school term time and training days)
Role and responsibilities
- To ensure students attain good levels of progress, attendance, punctuality and behaviour.
- To work closely with students, teachers and parents and other support staff to ensure that students flourish within the school environment and thereby achieve their potential in all aspects of school life.
- To work with individual students, using a range of strategies, to ensure that they achieve their personal goals.
- To assist with the development and implementation of appropriate strategies to ensure students make consistent good progress.
- To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
- To motivate students, to promote and reinforce self-esteem.
- To participate in the comprehensive assessment of students to determine those in need of particular help.
- To provide information and advice to enable students to make choices about their behaviour/attendance/punctuality.
- To support students to improve their progress/behaviour/attendance/punctuality through the use of a range of strategies including target setting.
- To monitor students’ response to strategies deployed.
- To liaise with the relevant Progress Leaders to ensure that students who may from time to time be withdrawn from normal lessons are re-integrated as smoothly and as soon as possible.
- To evaluate progress with individuals/groups of students against agreed targets both academic and pastoral on a regular basis.
- To keep accurate records of interviews with students and agreed outcomes.
- To contact parents/carers by telephone as directed by the Progress Leaders and to keep accurate records of agreed outcomes.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures on child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection.
- To organise filing of students’ records.
- To undertake administrative duties to support the Progress Leaders and the Leadership Team.
- To work collaboratively with external agencies and members of staff to promote good outcomes for students.
Applications are welcomed from both internal and external candidates for the position but the working hours are not flexible and must suit the needs of the school for this most important role.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss any aspect of the position please contact Mrs T Chatterton (Administration Manager) on 01507 462443, or email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be e-mailed to the Administration Manager or posted to the school.
Closing date for applications: 10:00am on Friday 3rd December 2021
JSTC is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure.
Details of JSTC
Application Form - Support Staff (Word)
Application Form - Support Staff (PDF)